Just a quick update with upload details for the competition
1. Check your naming of files is correct (as below)
2. Put your .WAV files, photos and text file into a folder with your name
3. Zip it, verify the file is called YOURNAME.zip
4. Upload it using ftp
5. Add a comment to this post once your upload is completed, include the name of your upload in the email
NOTE: you will need to use an ftp app like CyberDuck, Transmit, Fetch etc
1. Record and submit FIVE SOUNDS – one sound ONLY from each prop
2. The props: An apple, a pencil, a rubber band, a soda can, your hands.
3. Any microphone is allowed.
4. No processing is allowed other than gain.
5. Competition starts today and ends July 31.
1. Submit five 24bit 48k .WAV files (stereo or mono) – one sound for each prop
2. Name the files:
APPLE description XYZ
HANDS description XYZ
PENCIL description XYZ
RUBBER BAND description XYZ
SODA CAN description XYZ
where description = a short description of the sound
where XYZ = your initials
3. Include a text file with
– your name
– your email address
– the names of the sounds you submitted
– a photo of each prop, if possible
4. Upload the sounds, text file & photos to….
(I will update this post next week, with details for upload)
The overall WINNER receives a copy of HISSandaROAR COMPLETE 25
All 25 HISSandaROAR libraries = 150GB of creative sonic fuel!
(NOTE: includes libraries that do not exist yet!)
Ten runners up will receive a $150 voucher for HISSandaROAR Libraries
I will spend August checking out the submissions and will announce the winners August 31st
and some SUGGESTIONS
I’ll be thinking about these words as I listen to your recordings:
– whats for lunch
The entire essence of this challenge is to take something ordinary and use your creative skills to capture something extraordinary. Your access to technology wont impress me half as much as your ability to think (and hear) laterally!