Ok, registration is officially now closed for the virtual internship! I’ve just emailed the application form to the 32 people interested, who have until Thursday 9th July: 1pm GMT to return them to me. (If you registered & haven’t received it, please email me immediately) and please note: lesson one is about deadlines, accordingly I won’t be reading any applications that miss the deadline.
Incase anyone else is interested I’ll paste the questionaire below too, and be thankful for small mercies I didnt include any of the wacky questions some people do; heres a few I considered (for about 0.25 seconds)
– If you could be a superhero, what would your superpowers be?
– How would you explain a database in three sentences to an eight-year-old?
– What character in the Simpsons (or Star Wars or…) are you most like?
– If you were a salad, what kind of dressing would you have?
– In a small room you have a refridgerator, if you left the door of the fridge open would the temp in the room fall or would the temp in the fridge rise?
– In the news story about your life, what would the headline say? (yeech!)
And the classic: How do you rate me as an Interviewer? (Which reminds me of the groansome egotistical joke; after listening to the meglomaniac at a party talk about themself for half an hour, they finally ask “so enough about me, what do you think about me?”)
But silly questions aside, heres the real questionaire:
APPLICATION for Virtual Internship
4. Current city/country:
5. Please provide a character reference:
position/relationship to you:
6. Briefly list your education (sound/music/film):
7. Briefly list your experience (sound/music/film):
8. Current employer & work:
9. A short cv:
10. How would you describe yourself in three words?
11. Tell me about your proudest achievement
12. What is most unique about you?
13. What would you do if you won the lottery?
14. Where do you want to be in 5 years? Doing what?
15. Do you work best on a team, in a partnership, or alone?
16. How do you continue learning on a daily basis?
17. How do you rate your computer skills?
– Others (list):
18. If a paid/work position came up, which is your highest priority:
(5 = highest, 0 = not interested)
– dialogue editor/assistant:
– sound effects editor/assistant:
– music editor/assistant:
– mixing assistant/trainee:
– location/field sound assistant/trainee:
19. Do you have your own website?
if yes, address:
20. Do you use IMDB:
if yes, your address:
21. Do you use ichat:
22. Do you use skype:
23. Do you use ftp:
24. List five websites you visit weekly and/or daily:
25. List 5 favourite films ever:
26. List 5 favourite films in last year:
27. List 5 favourite films for sound:
28. List 5 favourite films for music:
29. What is the last book you read?
Watch the (silent) video below or download it here
Briefly explain how you would approach creating the sound effects for this shot.
What elements would you record?
Thats it – good luck!