So the virtual interns have another month or two until they finish – I think it was August when they started last year, so in July I will be repeating the application process for another cycle of virtual intern/s, but I have a more pressing/local need so this is an official request for applications to be an intern with me here in Wellington.
Now before anyone starts having dreams of some idealised life in distant New Zealand, be aware that international work permits are not straight forward, but more importantly this intern role will be part time ie some weeks I won’t have anything for the intern to do and other weeks will be full on. Thats kind of how the film industry is, but the intern will also be helping me with field recording…. So its not a full time position, but as with all intern roles the future is to be determined.
As I need someone local in the first instance I will ask for applications via the same means as the virtual interns ie submit an application via email. But once I narrow it down to just a few people I will also definitely be interviewing them – not some official 20 questions interview but its important we can work together & get on as sensible human beings…
So please email me the questions below with your answers as a PDF, and include your CV if you like… thanks!
APPLICATION for Internship
4. Current city/country:
5. Please provide a character reference:
position/relationship to you:
6. Briefly list your education (sound/music/film):
7. Briefly list your experience (sound/music/film):
8. Current employer & work:
9. A short cv:
10. How would you describe yourself in three words?
11. Tell me about your proudest achievement
12. What is most unique about you?
13. What would you do if you won the lottery?
14. Where do you want to be in 5 years? Doing what?
15. Do you work best on a team, in a partnership, or alone?
16. How do you continue learning on a daily basis?
17. How do you rate your computer skills?
– Others (list):
18. How do you rate your recording skills? studio? field?
19. If a paid/work position came up, which is your highest priority:
(5 = highest, 0 = not interested)
– dialogue editor/assistant:
– sound effects editor/assistant:
– music editor/assistant:
– mixing assistant/trainee:
– location/field sound assistant/trainee:
20. Do you have your own website?
if yes, address:
21. List five websites you visit weekly and/or daily:
22. List 5 favourite films ever:
23. List 5 favourite films in last year:
24. List 5 favourite films for sound:
25. List 5 favourite films for music:
26. What is the last book you read?
DEADLINE: 20th MAY